Thursday, April 24, 2014

5000 words

I have my first story signed with Anaiah Press and two children's story books submitted that I am waiting to hear back on. The story I have been working on I wrote keeping my daughter in mind. I wanted to write something that a 13 year old could read. The Second Life of Magnolia Mae was born.

I have been enjoying writing this book. It took on twists and turns that I did not anticipate. Changing things that I thought I had figured out in my head. There were parts I wrote where I cried through it.

I joined Camp Nano because I wanted this story finished by the end of the month. With that motivation from camp and my Momma (she's been reading chapters as I finish them and been bugging me to hurry it up so she could read it all) I am now down to only 5000 more words to reach the 50,000 word goal that I had set for myself. It is unknown to me if the story will end below that mark or extend over it, but I am getting excited that pretty soon I will be writing The End on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment