Sunday, August 9, 2015

fairy tale retellings



In a few days I will have yet another book being released. This was inspired by Rapunzel. My daughter had asked me to do a retelling of her favorite fairy tale. I had started on a contemporary retelling of it. Then I got stuck. I wanted to keep writing so I started a new story. A story set in the future with magic, a world where technology was stripped away, and governments had collapsed. I was enjoying writing it and at the end of a month I had finished the retelling.


It was a lot of fun to write. I am working on the second half of it now. I want to get it into the hands of readers as soon as I possibly can.


I have read a few retellings these past few years. It seems like they are everywhere. My favorite fairy tale series is Kelly Martin’s A Shattered Fairy Tale. I adored the first two books (Betraying Ever After and The Beast of Ravenston) and am waiting for the third book The Glass Coffin to come out.

Do you have any favorite fairy tale retellings?

No comments:

Post a Comment