The Geneva Project – Lies (vol.3) by Christina Benjamin
barnesandnoble.com/w/the- geneva-project-christina- benjamin/1122378695?ean= 2940152051162
Promo: New release. Third book in the award-wining YA fantasy fiction series, The Geneva Project
Can you live a life of LIES? That’s exactly what Geneva finds herself doing to protect everyone she loves. While Geneva and her friends embark on a dangerous mission to fulfill her destiny, the dark forces that seek her powers are closing in, putting everyone she cares about at risk. Geneva must lie about who she is, what she knows and her true feelings. Are all these lies worth it or will she go too far and lose everything she’s been fighting for?
About the Author:
Christina Benjamin is the Award-Winning Author of the Young Adult series The Geneva Project.
Her debut novel, Truth, has won multiple awards, including the 2014 FAPA Gold Medal for YA fiction.
Benjamin’s writing hooks fans of mega-hit YA fiction like Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, and offers them a new series to obsess over. She paints a vivid world, where magic and imagination run wild in her epic tale of adventure, courage and friendship.
Benjamin studied English at the University of Central Florida. She’s dedicated to giving back to the community and speaking at schools to inspire creativity in young writers.
Social Media Links:
Excerpt from book:
We marched forward out of the protective tree line of the forest and into the open field; a wall of bodies, hands clasped moving with purpose toward the Troian Center. Even though we had the protection of Remi’s invisibility power, I still felt tense and exposed. My heart pounded with uncertainty as a cool wind rushed past and we picked up speed. I could barely feel the strange sensation of lightness that being invisible provided. My skin tingled, but it felt more like nerves than magic. The last time I’d been invisible the sensation had felt much more intense, which had me worried that maybe it wasn’t working right. The possibility that Remi wasn’t strong enough to stretch his power over all of us made me shutter with uneasiness. This was more people than he’d ever tried to share his power with before .
$50 Amazon Gift Card
Read below for an interview with the author!
Tell us about the Geneva Project series in 25 words or less
- Epic adventure of friendship, magic and legends that will make you search your soul to find what’s most important in life, love or destiny.
- I can’t give it away, but it’s near the end of the book in the Locker.
- The ending. I changed it a million times. I knew how I wanted it to end as the writer, but then when I read it as the reader, I hated it. Plus I had to take my characters into consideration. So the ending was hard and I condensed and changed it a ton. With the help of my BETA readers and editor I think it’s at a great place now.
- I plan to have 4 books in the series. I’m currently writing #4 right now. I love the characters so much that I’m going to give some of them spin offs and I have an idea for a prequel.
- I’m co-authoring a middle grade book with Jamie M. Engle. I’m also co-authoring a children’s book with N. Jane Quackenbush. And I’ve started a novella that may have turned into another fun YA series. It’s about a drama student that ends up falling into some of her favorite plays.
- Oh man, so many. JK Rowling because, c’mon Harry Potter. And so many that I’ve recently met, because they’re all incredibly kind people that are truly following their dreams and happy to share it with you.
- That pile is overwhelming. I don’t really get time to read too much these days because I’m so busy writing! I have some books by Stephanie Erickson and Amy Bartol on my desk that I’m determined to get to next.
- Anything Cassandra Clare. I guess I finished the Infernal Devices series last and those books made me cry so they’re up there on the Favs list.